Based in Bordeaux, France
You grew up with the roguelikes, witnessed the rise of the roguelites and even the birth of the roguelite-lites? We'd now like to present for your consideration our RogueVania, the illegitimate child of a modern Roguelite (Rogue Legacy, Binding of Isaac, Enter the Gungeon, Spelunky, etc.) and an old-school MetroidVania (Castlevania: SotN and its ilk).
Regarding the latter, interconnected levels and progressive unlocking of access to the island provides you with a real incentive to explore your surroundings. Add in a degree of evolution for your character and permanent weapon upgrades and you can see where Dead Cells borrows from the long line of MetroidVanias that precede it.
At the end of the day it’s YOUR skills as a player that matter most! Roguelites are about constantly getting better, until what was an insurmountable obstacle becomes a walk in the park. Unforgiving combat wed to the absence of any kind of safety net makes for an adrenalin pumping ride each and every run and unrivaled replayability.
- RogueVania: The progressive exploration of an interconnected world, with the replayability of a rogue-lite and the adrenaline pumping threat of permadeath.
- 2D Souls-lite Action: Tough but fair combat, more than fifty weapons and spells with unique gameplay, and of course, the emergency panic roll to get you out of trouble.
- Nonlinear progression: Sewers, Ossuary or Remparts? Once unlocked, special permanent abilities allow you to access new paths to reach your objective. Opt for the path that suits your current build, your play style or just your mood.
- Exploration: Secret rooms, hidden passages, charming landscapes. Take a moment to stroll the towers and breath in that fresh sea mist infused air...
Logo & Icon
- Stay up to date with the dev via facebook.
- Or Twitter...
- And indieDB
- We've even got a dev blog if you like that kind of thing...
JOURNALISTS LOOK 'ERE!
- If you would like to know anything about the game, request a preview code, interview us, get your hands on some original screens, video or whatever... Then please don't hesitate to contact us at the email address below. However, if you send bisdev stuff to this email address, you will be blacklisted. You've been warned.
About Motion Twin
Who are these guys anyway?
Motion Twin is an independent games studio based in Bordeaux, France. We've been raging at the machines since 2001 and we're planning on keeping it up for as long as people keep playing our games. We're responsible for Die2Nite, Mush, DinoRPG and more recently Uppercup Football on mobile. You can find out way more about us here .
deepnight (Sébastien Bernard)
Lead Developer/Game designer
skool (Pascal Peridont)
Senior developer (Mr Fixit).
tipyx (Mathieu Pistol)
looping (Mathieu Capdegelle)
Technical developer (THE Shader whisperer)
carduus (Thomas Vasseur)
Creative Director (Sir Squiggle)
gwen (Gwenael Massé)
buzzard (Steve Filby)
That marketing bastard...
Noja (Joan Blachere)
Apprentice marketing bastard